This is a question that I would LOVE to know the answer to. This and a few others actually, so I thought why not turn my little question asking into a little giveaway. Depending on how many responses I get will determine how many patterns, copies of my book I gave away. How does that sound?
You see, I am doing a little soul searching. After designing, stitching, writing and selling patterns in the Patchwork Industry for 14 years now, I often ask myself. Am I really offering something that is needed? I know when I started writing patterns there was a real need for high quality and easy to read patterns. I don't think this is needed so much now. Don't get me wrong, I still strive to give value for money, easy to read instructions and practical projects in every pattern that I release. I am just often left wondering, is this what YOU are wanting?
So, if you have a minute or two to spare, I would love to hear your thoughts and your answers to a few simple questions. If you don't want to reply here, then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pop your name into the draw to win a pattern, signed book or more.
OK, here goes...
* Do you still buy paper patterns? (not the online pdf kind, the real, hold them in your hand kind of pattern)
* What prompts you to buy a pattern? (if you do in fact still buy them) Is it because you love the design, love the designer, NEED that design for your home etc, love to collect patterns, like the photo etc? I'd really love to know.
* Would you prefer to search for free online tutorials than buy a pattern? It's OK, you can be totally honest, this blog is totally judgement free
* What is it that attracts you to a pattern or makes the experience enjoyable for you?
* Do you care if the pattern is correct or easy to follow and does this effect whether you will return and purchase from the same designer again or does the design override the quality of the written instructions?
* Anything else you would like to tell me, I am happy to hear.
I really am at a crossroads and would love to know your true and honest thoughts. You my friends, customers, blog followers mean so much to me and for me to continue to do what I do, I would love to know if I am meeting your needs. And just for answering these few (or even just one) questions, I will say thank you to you with some givewaways. I hope that's a fair trade...
Look forward to hearing from you. xx
EDITED TO ADD: Thank you to all who emailed, commented and took the time to reply to my questions. I am SO very grateful to each and every one of you. I have closed comments now and will announce the giveaway winners this week. From the bottom of my heart, thank you xx