I am often asked where I draw my inspiration from for my work and my home, and to be honest I never have a specific answer, you see I am inspired by so many things. I thought it would be fun to share some photos and links to things that are inspiring me right now. I hope you enjoy them...
* Kate Mason and her beautiful artwork that she sells through her etsy store - Scrapps Flea Market.
I was fortunate enough to receive some of Kate's prints and also one of her original canvases for Christmas from my family.
This little caravan canvas sits on my vintage dresser in my lounge room. I love that any time throughout the day I can look at it, and imagine myself on a little holiday in a cute little vintage caravan somewhere pretty. It sure is fun to dream!!
* Beautiful and handmade necklaces, just like this one, capture my eye all of the time. I love to wear different necklaces with my outfits and this one is in my etsy favourites because I love it so much. Pretty necklaces are definitely inspiring to me.
* Flickr is a place overflowing with inspiration and amazing photos. I have been known to be lost in flickr for way too long, especially looking at the photos of the Vintage Kenner Blythe dolls. There is so much inspiration in one place and a great way to share photos and make new friends too. Here is a link to the flickr group for Brunette Kenner's. Be careful, you could be lost here for hours too!
* There are a few blog writers who I find extremely inspirational. There are some who inspire me in my work and some who inspire me in my day to day life. One of the bloggers whom I was privileged to meet quite a few years ago when she came to teach in Australia is the lovely Elsie Larson. Not only does she inspire me but also my girl too - I love that!
I have just signed up for another of her e-courses called 'Art Journal all year' that she is running with her best friend Rachel Denbow (another inspirational blogger) I am really excited to embark on a year of art journaling, just something that I can spend a few minutes doing, just for me.
* At the moment I am very inspired by home decor. I just can't get enough of it and am always on the lookout for new and interesting pieces to add to my home. I would LOVE to add a vintage number 4 sign to my home one day, like this one.
And I am secretly hoping that one day I found a gorgeous retro couch for my home, something like THIS ONE.
I hope you have enjoyed a little peek into a few of the things that are filling me with inspiration at the moment. So tell me, what is inspiring you today?? xx Janelle