Hello everyone! Today I am going to teach you how to make a matchbox cassette player that plays real music! Lets begin...
You will need -
1. Some paints, in black, white and one other colour of your choice
2. A matchbox that your own iPod will fit in
3. A cup or bowl of water (mine had been used in the photo!)
4. A long sharp thing to poke holes in. NOTE: Please use these with care and/or parental supervision
5. A whole punch. NOTE: Please use these with care and/or parental supervision too
6. A hammer to push the whole punch in with (unless your whole punch doens't need one)
ONE // Paint your whole matchbox white, and leave it to dry for a while. Note - I had to do four coats until it was done, so depending on your paint and the matchbox you may need more coats.
TWO // On the front, paint a cassette player! It doens't have to be the same as mine, whatever you think looks awesome! If you go a bit over the edge (like I did, a lot!), do not worry, you can always re-paint over it.
THREE // On one of the sides, you can paint anything you like! A little star, a flower, a heart like mine or anything you fancy!
FOUR // Sit it all to dry for about 30mins or an hour.
FIVE // On the side with the little painting, poke a few holes, so that if you use this without earphones, the sound can still make its way out.
SIX // On the other side, use the whole punch to make a whole for the earphones to plug in!
Now... it's nearly done! Here is how to set it up + use it...
SEVEN // Sit your iPod into the matchbox, and if your using earphones, plug in your earphones through the whole. Press play on a list of songs.
EIGHT // Put the cover of the matchbox on, and your ready to listen!
Hooray! I hope you like listening to modern music the vintage way! xoxo, Emily