The Great Penpal Swap is now officially CLOSED. Thank-you so much to everyone who entered, have a great time with your new pen pals - hooray!
Hello lovely readers!
I get many emails, and many of which are lovely young ladies wanting to be pen pals with me! What saddens me is that I can't be pen pals with all of you! I wish I could though, I really do, but I already have a few, and I have school and afternoon activities etc.
I have been thinking of a solution, because I think everyone deserves to have a wonderful pen pal! Having a pen pal is great fun, and you can become such great friends! You can even learn lots of wonderful things! It is so exciting to receive real mail in a letterbox, with real handwriting and handmade gifts!
SO, I got thinking, and guess what?! I am having a once-off little thing on my blog so that everyone can have the opportunity to get a pen pal! This is not like a normal giveaway, because EVERYONE will get a pen pal! HOORAY!
So, you are probably wondering, how can I sign up to get a wonderful pen pal?! Well, here is how...
1. Get permission of your parents to enter! Having a pen pal means sharing your address, so please make sure it is okay with your family! You must also make sure you are willing to check your emails, and follow through with sending mail, because we don't want people being left out! So only sign up if you have enough time for a pen pal, and are 110% committed to it!
2. Send an email to me, at firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions...
• What is your name?
• What is your age?
• What is your email address?
• Are you a boy or girl?
• What is your favourite colour?
• What are 5 things you love to do?
• What are 5 of your other interests?
• What country do you live in?
• What do you want to be when you grow up?
• Do you have a blog? If so, please give a link!
• Anything else you would like to say about yourself!
3. You MUST send this email in by the 27th of June to be able to get a pen pal! We wouldn't want you to miss out!
4. On the 1st of July, I will send out emails to everybody, with the email address and info of your new pen pal! Then you can email each other, begin to talk until you're ready to start sending real mail to each other! Once you get to know each other, you never know what could happen! You could become best friends, meet each other, skype every day, it's so wonderfully exciting!
I will match pen pals according to age, gender and if you have things in common! Like favourite colour, interests and so on!
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE - Once I have emailed everyone with their pen pals, it is up to YOU to organise everything. I will not be repairing anyone, or helping you with it. You must only join if you are positive you can send mail frequently to your pen pal, because it would be unfair if other kids were left out. Please have fun and enjoy the memories and wonderful letters you will gain from this experience!
Well, I hope that through this you will find your very own special pen pal! I am very excited for you all! eeek! Hooray! xoxo, Emily